Bulletproof coffee was born after Dave Asprey returned home to America from his trip to Tibet where he first tasted yak-butter tea. He refined the basic recipe and developed a drink that few of us can’t live without!
Who’s Dave Asprey? He’s the guy responsible for starting my morning right - Yes, you heard me correctly! On a more serious note, Dave Asprey is an entrepreneur, author and as Men’s Health described, a “ Lifestyle Guru”. Most importantly, he is the founder of Bulletproof Coffee.
Here’s what we need to create this delicious latte:
* 1 cup of coffee ( 8-12 ounces )
* 1-2 tablespoons of brain octane oil ( MCT oil )
* 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed butter or 1-2 teaspoons of grass-fed ghee for those who are lactose intolerant.
* Put all ingredients in a blender and VOILA!!!
Note: I like my coffee with 1 tablespoon of organic coconut cream, 1 tablespoon of grass- fed butter and 1 tablespoon of MCT oil!
Now that we have the coffee, let’s talk benefits!
* Increased mood and strength
* Stabilized gut health
* Weight loss (use it as meal replacement)
* Curbs hunger
* Mental clarity - Love that one!
Now that we know who, why, and what, please grab a piece of paper so you don’t forget to write these ingredients down on your shopping grocery list.